Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Revelaton 3:17




“Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’ – and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked –


  • ·         They claimed God’s financial blessing but it turned out to injure their heart.

  • ·         Wretched – this from the Greek words that mean “calloused and hardened.” They were calloused and spiritually dull.

  • ·         Miserable – spiritual sickness result in loss of appetite for the Word and prayer. Believers in the “spiritual ICU” have no spiritual appetite. Hunger is a sign of recovery.

  • ·         Poor – being spiritually deficient is opposite of being “poor in spirit” (Mt. 5:3). Many believers have nothing in their eternal bank account. How much is in yours?

  • ·         Blind – spiritual blindness means to lack revelation of God and one’s spiritual condition.

  • ·         Naked – without garments in the age-to-come that express their love for Jesus in this age.

Hosea 12:8  And Epharim said, ‘Surely I have become rich, I have found wealth for myself; in all my labors they shall find in me no iniquity that is sin.

Ecclesiastes 2:7-11  …..then I looked on all the works that my hands had done and on the labor in which I had toiled; and indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind.  There was no profit under the sun.

No comments: