Thursday, December 15, 2016

Revelation 3:12




 “He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more, I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God.  And I will write on him My new name.


  • ·        Not a pillar to support the temple (heaven needs no such props), but a monument of the free and powerful grace of God, a monument that shall never be defaced nor removed (MH)

  • ·        The new name of Christ, the Mediator, the Redeemer, the captain of our salvation; by this it will appear under whose banner this conquering believer had enlisted, under whose conduct he acted, by whose example he was encouraged, and under whose influence he fought the good fight, and came off victorious. (MH)


Psalm 87:5, 6  And of Zion it will be said, “This one and that one were born in her; and the Most High Himself shall establishe her.”  The LORD will record, when He registers the peoples:  “This one was born there.”

Isaiah 62:2  The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory.  You shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD will name.

No comments: