Sunday, December 25, 2016

Revelation 3:21




“To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.


  • ·         This promise is offered to all Christians in the Millennium (Rev. 5:10; 11:15; 20:4). Jesus promised the apostles that they would eat and drink with Him and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel (Mt. 19:28; Lk. 22:29-30).

  • ·         This distinguishes between two thrones, Jesus’ and the Father's; the Father’s Throne is in heaven and Jesus’ Throne will be on earth as the son of David (Ps. 122:5; Ezek. 43:7; Lk. 1:32). Jesus’ earthly Throne is turned over to the Father at the end of the Millennium (1 Cor. 15:24-28).


Psalm 110:1  The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

No comments: