Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Revelation 3:16





“So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth


  • ·        He loves them and has not lost interest in them (v. 19). Jesus’ heart was sick (or His stomach hurt) with concern about them and what they are losing in their relationship with Him. Jesus knows all the lost eternal opportunities they are missing out on.

  • ·        Jesus quoted the warning of judgment seen in Lev. 18. The land of Israel was said to "vomit the people out" of the land in judgment.


Leviticus 18:25  For the land is defiled; therefore I visit the punishment of its iniquity upon it, and the land vomits out its inhabitants

Deuteronomy 32:1  Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of My mouth.

No comments: