Sunday, March 26, 2017

Revelation 10:10




Then I took the little book out of the angel’s hand and ate it, and it was as sweet as honey in my mouth.  But when I had eaten it, my stomach became bitter.


  • ·        When this book of prophecy was more thoroughly digested by the apostle, the contents would be bitter; these were things so awful and terrible, that the foresight of them would not be pleasant. (MH)

  • ·        Any effective communicator of God’s Word has experienced both the sweetness and bitterness that is associated with His Word (DG)

Jeremiah 15:16  Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord GOD of hosts.

Ezekiel 2:10  Then he spread it before me; and there was writing on the inside and on the outside, and written on it were lamentations and mourning and woe.

No comments: