Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Revelation 22:8




Now I, John, saw and heard these things.  And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.


  • ·        As he did in Revelation 19:10, John is overwhelmed, and bows before an angel in worship. In the same way, the angel reminds John that only God is to be worshipped, and that they are both "players" on the same "team" - along with all who keep the words of this book. (DG)

  • ·        No created being should ever be worshipped. This is in contrast with Jesus, who receives the worship of angels (Hebrews 1:6) and of men (Matthew 8:2, 14:33, John 9:38).  (DG)

Ezekiel 1:28  …So when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of One speaking.
Job 29:11  When the ear heard, then it blessed me, and when the eye saw, then it approved me.

No comments: