Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Revelation 21:22




But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.


  • ·        In the ancient world, it was unthinkable to have a great city without many different temples. It’s like saying today, “I saw a great city but I saw no bank in it” or “I saw a great city but I saw no shopping mall in it.” This city is marked by the fact that there is no temple in it.  (DG)

  • ·        For the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple: Here, the temple is not removed, but expanded. Everything and every place is holy and the dwelling place of God.  (DG)

Psalm 11:4  The LORD is in His holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.  

Psalm 27:4  One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in His temple.

No comments: