Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Revelation 8:8




Then the second angel sounded:  and something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.


  • ·        Something like a great mountain: John carefully says that this is not an actual mountain (note the use of like), but it is a blazing mass as large as a mountain. (DG)

  • ·        The sea may be a specific reference to the Mediterranean and not a reference to all oceans. For a person in the world John lived in, the Mediterranean Sea was the sea, and they really had little knowledge of other oceans. (DG)

Exodus 7:17-20  thus says the LORD:  By this you shall know that I am the LORD.  Behold, I will strike the waters which are in the river with the rod that is my hand, and they shall be turned to blood…….

Ezekiel 14:19 Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My fury on it in blood, and cut off from it man and beast…..

No comments: