Friday, February 3, 2012

The Jesus in Red

1 Who is this who comes from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah, this One who is glorious in His apparel, traveling in the greatness of His strength?-- "I [Jesus] who speak in righteousness, mighty to save."

2 Why is Your apparel red, and Your garments like one who treads in the winepress?

3 "I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with Me. For I have trodden them in My anger, and trampled them in My fury; their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, and I have stained all My robes.

4 For the day of vengeance is in My heart, and the year of My redeemed has come.

5 I looked, but there was no one to help, and I wondered that there was no one to uphold; therefore My own arm brought salvation for Me; My own fury, it sustained Me.


6 I have trodden the peoples in My anger, made them drunk in My fury, and brought down their strength to the earth." (Isa. 63:1-6)

No comments: